I just pushed an updated version of the Extended Collection website to the server. Here is a short recap of what has changed.
In preparation for some larger changes that are coming later this year, I’ve decided to discontinue the Collections and Resources features. These features were seldom used, and most visitors ignored them. Going forward, I’ll focus on the core of the project which is the Library of links to the Immersive Web.
- Comment sections are now available for each Library Item.
- Subscribe to email updates for a comment thread – useful for creators who want to follow the discussion around their Library Items.
- Like comments from others
- For the time being, comments are held for moderation/review.
- All comments are checked for spam by Akismet
- WordPress.com users can like Library Items and posts
- Sharing buttons are available for Library Items
- Dark Mode: It still needs some work, but you can now use Dark Mode.
- The Collections feature has been removed from the site.
- The Resources feature has been removed from the site.
- A backup of resources can be found here.
Additional changes on April 3
- Finished removing backend features for Collections and Resources
- Migrated all library items to the Posts table and removed the Library custom post type
- Library Item Layout changes
- Added a new button for the Library Links
- Moved the list of tags from the bottom of the post to the top
- Added next and previous post navigation buttons
- Added a sidebar to the library item layout
- Subscribe to email updates
- RSS Feed
- Removed social icon header
- Simplified the navigation menus
- Improved the colors used in dark mode