I’m setting aside some time this weekend to learn the basics about PlayCanvas. It’s one of the only tools available to WebXR developers that I haven’t used at all, so I’m going to change that.
This is a working list of things I want to learn and try this weekend. I’ll update this list as needed over the next few days. Let me know if you have suggestions of things I could learn or try.
- Learn the absolute basics of PlayCanvas
- Working with assets, components, materials, etc.
- Basic scripting / custom components
- Any 3D modeling features built in?
- WebXR features
Excluded from this weekend
- Deployment – just use their hosting for now
- Other frameworks, systems, integrations
Idea 1: Bouncing balls
- Simple enclosed room made of primitives
- Spheres that bounce around and hit the walls and floor
- Controllers / hands to grab and throw them
- Spawn more with a button
Idea 2: Just a place
- Use some premade assets to make a small scene
- Someplace to meditate or just unwind
- Do something with water. Simple water surface looks great